Monday, February 10, 2003

WHEN BUSH COMES TO SHOVE

Sadly, this title is already taken...many times over. I guess it is too obvious.

I really do miss the Clinton Years...when every year was better than the last, and we were going to wire the world with information, rather than fire the world with bombs...which reminds me of my contention that we are under the spell of "the mountain"...of which I spoke earlier in the catechism.

You see, tall mountains -- those who stand out far above the neighboring mountains -- are always in danger of being or becoming a target of natural and societal forces. One must nourish and raise one's neighbors. That way they become your friends and support, rather than that which will take you down. As Howard Zinn once said, we should become an Humanitarian Superpower. The I Ching seems to think this is the only solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home